Tuesday, January 17, 2012

DIY Emergency Lights

So I've been thinking about building some emergency lights for the basement for a while now. I was just at a conference and scored some jumbo white LED's from a DIY led throwies build and figured it was time to build the lights. A quick trip to the junk box for a few parts like some washers,nuts,screws,threaded rod,some angle iron and a light reflector from an old broken garden solar light.    


I figured I could screw them floor joist's in the basement so if the power goes out during a storm and we had to take shelter we could have light.



Now I need to get power to them a little wire and some screw terminals and little Perf board.


 So there up now for a test run!


We have light! It's just the right amount of light to see in the basement and it will run for a vary long time in a extended power outage. Now I just need a automatic switch to turn them on during a power outage well I guess will have to think about that for a wile and check the junk box. Not bad for 0 dollars! 

No comments: