Thursday, May 10, 2012

Star Trek comes true again! 3D Printing!

Well Star Trek comes true again! I have my cell phone or communicator and now I have access to a replicator or 3D printer!













So I need a new visor clip for my car because mine broke and Chrysler wanted $10 bucks for it and  EBay wanted $8.99 plus shipping and I got mine for $5 bucks!













How you ask?
Well I was going to 3D model it myself and cast it, but when I went to thingiverse
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:13421  and someone had done it for me. So I down loaded the file for free and sent it to my friend with the replicator or 3D printer and she gave me a price of $5 bucks.

















So a day later and $5 bucks and I have my part! She didn't have any gray ABS plastic in stock but I didn't care because now it stands out and its a conversation peace.





Installed and working! I still would like to cast one to see if I can do it.


















Thanks Thingiverse and Gene Roddenberry!

No comments: