Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Harvest time!

The final harvest is here! All of the plants have have been killed by the frost and I still have lots of green tomato's! So I pulled all of the plants and cleaned out the beds and picked tomato's that were left over. The Deer earlier in the season munched my plants down so they got a vary late start, so I have allot of Green tomato's. Actually I only got a few red tomato's from my plants but that didn't stop me from preserving my tomato's for winter time stews and chili.

\


Well here's an up date on how the tomato ripening tray is working it works great!



As you can see I'm storing them a way for a cold day, when hot chili will taste good.


Next year I think I will try canning, freezing works good but it takes a lot of room in the freezer.

No comments: